Sustainable Management of Engineered Assets in a Post-Covid World: Industry 4.0, Digital Transformation, Society 5.0 and beyond
The 17th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management (WCEAM) themed: “Sustainable Management of Engineered Assets in a Post-Covid World: Industry 4.0, Digital Transformation, Society 5.0 and beyond” will be held in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam from 18-20 October 2023. This year’s congress is hosted and organised by the International Society of Engineering Asset Management (ISEAM), RMIT University Vietnam and the Asset Institute.
We have chosen the largest financial & economic centre of Vietnam for the 2023 event focusing on Industry 4.0 and digital transformation. We are expecting over 250 participants from all around the world to meet and share state-of-the art knowledge in research and application of advanced management frameworks, analytical tools and technologies for Engineering Asset Management in sectors which include energy, oil and gas, water, transport, defence and health and community infrastructure.
We are currently seeking submissions for both research papers and industry thought leadership presentations and case studies related to engineering assets which includes infrastructure in all sectors which include energy, oil and gas, water, transport, defence and health and community infrastructure.
All abstracts and full-length papers will be subjected to blind-review processes. Accepted papers will undergo editorial review and published as “17th WCEAM Proceedings” by Springer. The WCEAM Proceedings are indexed in Scopus and EI Compendex.
Industry presentations (without a paper) are welcome and presenters will be required to submit a PDF of their presentations by the paper deadline.
We encourage researchers and practitioners to submit contributions on the following topics relevant to the management of engineered assets (e.g., equipment, machinery, cyber-physical systems, infrastructural facilities):
- Industry 4.0 platforms, and interoperability, and cyber security of asset management information systems
- Digital transformation
- IOT and applications of smart and intelligent sensing and instrumentation
- Condition monitoring, diagnostics, prognostics, and asset health indexing
- Applications of digital twinning, blockchain, extended reality (augmented and virtual)
- Product-service transformation, and product-service systems
- Dynamic modelling and simulation of asset acquisition, operations, maintenance, and retirement processes
- Reliability and resilience engineering
- Asset condition, risk, resilience and vulnerability assessments
- Big data analytics and decision support systems for asset management
- Refurbishment, renovation, replacement, upgrade decisions and actions
- Governance and applications of international standards and local guidelines
- Human dimensions in asset management
- Sustainable investment, acquisition, operations, maintenance, and retirement of engineered assets
- Public and private sector case studies of investment, operations, maintenance, and retirement of assets